Tuesday, April 29, 2008

encouraging thoughts with perfect timing

So i have been a little stressed out lately, mainly about money.  I am struggling to figure out how to live within my means and still enjoy life at my age.  And finding a job that pays more seems to be challenging in today's downward spiral of economic crisis.  So its really no wonder that my sleeping is fitful and anxiety level is super high.  But there are a few things that came to my attention yesterday that put a positive spin on things.
First, we received an email from the owner of the company yesterday with the most uplifting message.  She says that when she is fretting over something she clings to her husband's wise words: "Worrying is the opposite of creative thinking." Now for an artist, this alone had a loud resonance seeing that i cannot live without some sort of creative outlet each day.  But she went on to explain even further why this is true: "worrying constricts the blood vessels in the brain while creative thinking opens them up, allowing the blood to flow, carrying precious oxygen to all parts of the body, so that we function at our greatest potential."

She also encouraged us to think of the motto of the Outward Bound program, "The only way to get out of it, is to get into it." Get into what? Well for this wonderful lady, it was her passion to help the people of mexico, to share the joy of her finding treasures on her travels with other people and to build an awesome family business.  I admire her and her creative vision so much.  We aren't just schlepping jewelry, we are making little differences in the world everyday.

So what do I have to "get into" in order to get out of my funk? I have to get back to the one thing that has always been my constant stronghold. My faithful Lord.  Psalm 94:18-19 is a passage of great rejoicing in the the comfort of the Lord:

"When I said, 'my foot is slipping,'
your love, O LORD, supported me.
When anxiety was great within me,
your consolation brought joy to my soul."

These verses serve as a constant reminder to me that no matter what is wrong I don't have to be afraid to ask for help, i just have to do it! And getting into it doesn't mean i make million or change the world today, today it means the little things in preparation for the big stuff.... cleaning, grocery shopping, paying bills, working out. I have to get this stuff out of the way so I can change the world tomorrow!


No comments: